Established in 1993, Heilongjiang International University (HIU) is a private university focusing on languages and communication.
HIU ranks as the No. 2 private university for foreign languages in China and the leading private university in the province of Heilongjiang.
Amongst all private universities nationally, HIU ranks No. 24.
HIU has 11 schools, 25 bachelor degree programmes with 9,400 students and 537 full-time teachers. Our latest students satisfaction rates for 2018 were 93%, well above the national average. And our employability rate was also 93%.
10) Business English
12) Chinese language and Literature
13) International Chinese Education
14) Broadcasting and Hosting
15) Environmental Art
16) Visual Communication Design
18) International Economy and Trade
20) Finance Management
21) Human Resources Management
22) Hospitality Management
23) Computer Science and Technology
24) Digital Media Technology
25) Electronic Commerce
HIU has a strong emphasis on delivering education with an international perspective. HIU’s academic team has 200 staff who have learning and work experiences from abroad and 62 teachers are from overseas. International training opportunities are provided for staff, for example the British Certificate of Higher Education from the UK Higher Education Academy.
In the last two years over 1,000 students have gone abroad to study or work in internships or employment with one of HIU’s 91 partners in 21 countries.
HIU is a recognised language testing centre for a number of foreign language examinations and a proud member of international alliances and networks.
Foreign language centres
• TestDaf (German)
• London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Cambridge Assessment English
• HSK International Chinese Language Proficiency Test
• DELI (Spanish)
• CELI (Italian)
• Russian language test from Pushkin University
• Network of International Business Schools
• International Association of University Presidents
• University Association of China Northeast and Russian Far East and SIberia
• Association for Career and Technical Education
• Association of Asian Universities
HIU has 7 Confucius Classrooms in London which it supports with Chinese language and culture teaching.
HIU take great pride in their students who have won over 2,000 prizes and awards in recent years, at the provincial, national and international levels.